Parkins Care Angel’s believe these personal finishing touches are essential to meeting our service user’s need’s these simple touches make all difference quality of care and going that extra mile.
• Address people in the correct manner do not patronise with terminology.
• Removing smudges and smears from service user’s glasses.
• Ensure on completion of care service users are situated in the correct position
• Suitable to meet their needs. Ask yourself??? Is the walking aid, TV remote, glass of water, telephone, care line, telecare ETC Accessible if required.
• Ensure when delivering personal care privacy and dignity are promoted by simply refraining from opening window coverings prior to completion of care or at the service user’s request.
• If service users are expecting guests be mindful and respectful.
• Attention to detail i.e. cushion’s plumped, curtain’s tied back.
• Fresh bed linen, towels and face flannels.
• Personal choice of clothing.
• For the gentlemen do they require a shave?
• For the lady’s what perfume / makeup would they like to wear?
• Wipe down surfaces, empty bin’s, wash dry and put away dishes used.
• Ensure if used the bathroom is cleaned i.e. towels hung up, flannels rinsed and folded, bath/shower washed down.
• Beds are made with clean sheets if needed.
• Personal choice of nutrition and fluid’s.
• Ensure service user’s care needs are completed and they are satisfied with the care provided.
• Ensure when the last call of the day is completed the property is left secure.
• Remember to record any issues identified and report immediately to the office.
• All service users should be treated as you would treat a member of your own family.
• Listen to what your service users are telling you. We are a guest in their home.
This list is not exhaustive but will go a long way when delivering care to ensure the service user is made to feel special.
REMEMBER MANNERS COST NOTHING TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU EXPECT TO BE TREATED